Canton Real Estate Attorneys Guide Transactions, Large and Small
Service-oriented lawyers expedite your Georgia real estate deals
The real estate attorneys at Dyer and Rusbridge, P.C. in Canton handle everything from simple residential closings to complex commercial real estate transactions. We provide cost-effective representation to buyers, sellers, lenders, developers, agents and brokers. With more than 50 years’ combined experience in real estate law, our lawyers help you avoid property disputes that lead to costly litigation, liens and title problems.
The legal obligations of buyers and sellers in Georgia
Long before the closing, you should retain an experienced attorney to prepare and review the contracts and other documents when you plan to buy or sell property. A veteran real estate lawyer will advise you on such issues as:
- Disclosure: When selling a property in Georgia, you are required to disclose defects in:
- Electrical system
- Ventilation and air conditioning
- Septic system
- Basement or foundation
- Mechanical equipment
- Location of property in a wetlands or floodplain.
- Contractual obligations: Once both the buyer and seller have accepted the terms of the sale contract, each party has a legal responsibility to carry out the contract. Our knowledge of real estate law allows us to protect your investment and ensure that the other party lives up to the contract.
Our goal is to protect your time and money and avoid any real estate disputes. Our lawyers work hard to protect your interests and keep your investment secure
Providing trustworthy advice about your real estate transaction
For most people, buying a home is the largest transaction they will ever undertake. You need an attorney to represent you when you take this important step. A real estate agent or broker cannot, under Georgia law, perform the functions of an attorney. Agents who say they can do this are exposing themselves to penalties for the unauthorized practice of law. More important, from your perspective, agents and brokers do not have the legal training or experience to fully protect your investment and safeguard your contractual rights.You need our sophisticated team of real estate attorneys on your side. Our services include:
- Detailed contract review: Through a meticulous review of the documentation and a comprehensive title search, we help you prevent future real estate disputes, litigation, liens and other costly legal problems.
- Cost-effective representation: We have a reputation for providing professional and cost-effective counsel. We move quickly to avoid unnecessary expenses and delays.
- In-depth knowledge: Our real estate closing attorneys know the laws and regulations that govern the sale of real property. We keep you informed throughout all the negotiations, and, if necessary, aggressively litigate any disputes.
You will benefit from our attorneys’ real estate know-how
If you are planning a real estate transaction, contact us online or by phone at 770-450-5733 to schedule a consultation. Dyer and Rusbridge, P.C. serves clients in Cherokee County from our offices in the heart of Historic Downtown Canton. Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with other times available by appointment. There is a fee for the initial consultation. In certain cases, we offer alternative fee arrangements, including flat rates for some services.