Probate and Estate Planning Attorneys Serving Georgians
The earlier you make your estate plan, the better
When you have a proper estate plan in place, you can rest assured that you have created a secure future for your loved ones. With more than 50 years of collective experience, the estate planning and probate lawyers at Dyer & Rusbridge, P.C. help you translate your family’s needs and goals into a solid estate plan.
We help clients throughout Cherokee County with estate planning tools, including:
- Advance healthcare directives
- Power of attorney designations
Whether you are in the beginning stages of your career or are nearing retirement age, you should think about what you want to happen to your assets when you are no longer around. Careful estate planning by our Canton probate attorneys gives you the peace of mind that your loved ones will be provided for.
What documents are required for estate planning?
When you meet with us to develop your estate plan, you should bring along several documents that will help us understand your goals, including:
- Current assets and liabilities statement — This is an opportunity to take stock of what you own and what you owe.
- Who shall receive your assets? — You need to decide who should inherit your assets. Georgia provides fewer rights to a surviving spouse than any other state. A disinherited spouse in Georgia is entitled to receive an allowance from the estate for only one year after the deceased spouse’s death. So it is important to make your wishes clear in your estate plan.
- How and when your beneficiaries will receive your assets — You need to decide whether you want to establish a trust for your beneficiaries or whether you want them to receive the assets in a lump sum.
- Who will administer your estate? — You will need to choose someone who will act in your beneficiaries’ best interests.
Representing your interests in estate and probate matters
Personal attention is an important part of the service our Canton probate attorneys provide. Other benefits of retaining Dyer and Rusbridge, P.C. for your estate planning and probate matters include:
- Knowledge: We know how to draft documents that will withstand challenges from disgruntled potential heirs.
- Litigation skills: Our team has a record of success in litigating cases in probate court.
- Experience: The probate lawyers at Dyer and Rusbridge, P.C. have decades of experience in handling a wide range of probate and estate planning matters.
Contact an estate planning attorney in Cherokee County
If you need help with a probate or estate planning matter, contact us online or by phone at 770-450-5733 to schedule a consultation. Dyer and Rusbridge, P.C. serves clients in Cherokee County from our offices in the heart of Historic Downtown Canton. Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with other times available by appointment. There is a fee for the initial consultation. In certain cases, we offer alternative fee arrangements, including flat rates for some services.